I’ve had cute, functional gym bags on my mind lately. My old lululemon bag (sweat once a day) is getting pretty gnarly, and it was mostly bought out of necessity–can’t say I’m in love with it. I’ve been sleuthing all over the internet looking for something pretty, fresh, but still functional. Here are 12 of my top picks from my search:
1. Le Sportsac | $148 Go for an extra-luxe look by pairing reptile print and gold metallic fabric. The backpack style has several interior and exterior pockets and will fit plenty of your gym gear, but will work for casual uses too.
2. Rebecca Minkoff | $245 I’ve always had a soft spot for Rebecca Minkoff, so I can’t help but love this one in every color. It has a mesh bag for your dirties, tons of pockets, and a spot to stow your yoga mat. This is a great style to transition from the gym to overnight and weekend trips. Comes in 3 colors.
3. Nike | $64.99 This duffel marries Nike style with bubbly femininity (kinda literally). It has a dual-zip main compartment with another small zipper compartment near the main zipper for essentials like your phone and keys. Also available in 2 other colors.
4. Adidas by Stella McCartney | $200 The crisp white and the light blue interior lining make this one extra-summery. This is made for tennis, but looks like it would accommodate gear for a variety of sweaty pursuits, and the interior pockets provide a little organization.
5. Lorna Jane | $89.99 Another crisp white style, this one constructed in perforated vegan leather with black trim. The bottom part of this zips open and is listed as insulated, which would be useful for when you’re toting a meal.
6. Victoria’s Secret Sport | $89.50 Despite its unassuming look in photos, the reviews and measurements say this one is an extra-large style for those who need to haul everything but the kitchen sink. It has interior and exterior pockets plus removable bags. It’s machine washable for when the stank gets to be too much.
7. Nike | $100 Another neon option from Nike, though this one looks like it has more pockets than #3. This more traditional duffel style is another good one for those who need a little more space and good organization options.
8. Calia by Carrie Underwood | $110 I’ve been on the fence whether I want a more traditional gym bag or a bag that will double as a purse. This one is an excellent example of a transitional style. It has pockets absolutely everywhere, including a shoe pocket and a padded laptop compartment. I love the rose gold hardware and pink-lined interior. And for the price, you’re getting a pretty great value considering its functionality.
9. Zella | $46.80 This simple style is great for those who love a more minimal look. Looks like there are only 2 exterior pockets, but none inside. The neoprene fabric doesn’t scratch like polyurethane. The neon interior brings a little pop of color. And, it’s on sale!
10. Labyrinth | $195 You’ll definitely be turning heads sporting this unique iridescent fabric from Labyrinth. The long shoulder strap can be slung around the shoulder in several ways. The description doesn’t mention any interior pockets. Available in 4 iridescent hues.
11. Lolë | $180 Another beautiful design that bridges the gap between purse and gym bag. This roomy style has plenty of pockets for organization and includes a yoga mat slot. There are two vents on the back to keep the air flowing and prevent sweaty clothes from stinking up your bag too much. The silver hardware ups the luxe factor. This style also comes in grey.
12. Adidas by Stella McCartney | $150 This backpack has a zip opening that sort of peels away for access to the roomy interior. The mesh back panel and hip belt would make this an especially comfortable option for when you’re hiking or commuting. Also, the hip belt has a little zip pocket for snacks, yesss. Made of vegan leather with reflective details on the shoulder straps.