It’s summer time, and that means sunshine and time hanging out at the pool, surfing the beach, yoga-ing on a stand-up paddleboard, or generally enjoying the water. With each passing year, more and more activewear brands have been branching out into swim in an effort to provide active women with options that will hold up in the water. For some brands, this means workout wear that performs well in the water, but for the most part, we’re seeing lots of one-piece swimsuits, bikinis, and rashguards infused with each brand’s signature style.
Here are a few brands currently in the world of active swim:
1. Michi | one piece, $325 Michi has been doing swim for a few years, and their swim collection reflects the edgy, sexy aesthetic seen in their regular activewear.
2. Albion Fit | rash guard, $68 Albion is another activewear brand that’s also been making swimwear for quite some time. Their brand focuses on ultra-feminine designs, and their swim in particular is cute and fun with a decidedly retro vibe.
4. Athleta | top, $54; bottoms, $54 Athleta’s swimwear has been an extremely popular choice for the past couple of years. They have lots of styles and colors, including very functional pieces for water sports, plus they are priced affordably.
5. Alala | rash guard, $90 Alala made their debut into the land of swim this year with a handful of surf-inspired pieces like this rash guard.
6. Lululemon | top, $54; bottoms, $54 Lulu has really doubled down on swim this season, introducing a new fabric, and rolling out way more styles and colors than previous years, including more options for bustier ladies.
7. Duskii | top, $130; bottoms, $100 Australian brand Duskii’s tagline is “luxury activewear for the water”, so there’s no way I couldn’t include them on this list. They blend sexy yet sporty design elements on performance neoprene fabric for the ultimate in style and function.
8. Werkshop | one piece, $78 Just a couple of weeks ago, Werkshop rolled out a collection of swimwear pieces incorporating their bold, much-loved leggings prints. Bonus: they’ll also work as leotards if that’s more your thing.
9. Lululemon | top, $58; bottoms, $48 Ok, I had to throw in one more from lululemon! This salty swim sport top has been getting good reviews so far thanks to its reasonable coverage and won’t-budge design.