Curse you, lulu, I should be making dinner right now, but instead I spent like half an hour hitting refresh. I guess they were delaying upload to be sure there weren’t any tech catastrophes like last week? At least I didn’t have any issues with the site this week, thankfully.
Anyway, transitional pieces were, yet again, the highlight of this week’s upload. US got most of the new &go stuff (e.g., out of this world pieces), but Canada only got a couple. I’m less offended/baffled by this round of &go–maybe it’s because of the new dress and pants, or maybe because I’m in a marginally less cynical mood than usual.
The out of this world tee will run you a cool $78, which is almost as bad as the $108 out of this world long sleeve. Considering those steep prices, it’s really surprising that the dress is only $128.
New 105F singlet in going grape–pretty. Canada only, and they also got flaming tomato.
The new clip in shorts and crops (both in black grape) appear to be specialized for cycling. Is “clip in” a cycling term or something? (Edit to add: readers have informed me that it is indeed a cycling term.) I kept looking for some sort of indication of them physically clipping onto something.
Speaking of clip in, you can also get this long line bra, which has a high neckline and nice straps in the back, or this tank with laser cut details that looks 1,000% like a maternity top.
Canada got the new manifesto camo fuel green speeds (4-way). US did not get these (although both sides got the trackers in this print), but both sides got the berry yum wheezy check, which you bet your ass I will be acquiring.
Speaking of the berry yum wheezy checks, I didn’t rush to order them because speeds have been selling out so slowly lately and I was busy furiously writing this post for you fine folks. Well, I checked shortly before publishing this (about 30-40 min post-upload) and all sizes except size 2 (my size, thank you speeds gods) were already sold out! Holy hell!!! Needless to say, I placed my order pronto.
First of all, I’m glad I checked, second of all, I’m glad I happen to be a size that’s slow to sell out, and third of all, I have to wonder whether it was a partial upload and if more stock will be coming later? I mean, geez. Apparently, they never uploaded to US in 8 or 10, plus they’re still available in a full size run in Canada (except 12, which usually is not made in speeds anyway), and stuff typically sells out very fast in Canada. So, the evidence seems to imply that this is a partial stock (which wouldn’t be surprising because lots of things have been uploaded in bits and pieces lately).
Coco pique run with me gloves. US got the gloves, Canada got mittens.
Today I learned: there are TWO rocky roads. The top is gusto blue bumble berry, the bottom is sand dune toothpaste (Canada got sand/toothpaste today but already has gusto/bumble, whereas the US only has sand/toothpaste). New requirement for lulu addict level 500: you must be able to tell which is which at first glance without a side-by-side comparison. Also: you would think they would make one of these in rolldown and one of them in regular rise, BUT NO, it makes more sense to produce 2 that are nearly identical?!
Other upload notes:
– Canada FINALLY got the bumble berry CRB. Jesus, that took long enough.
– A few totally random-ass summer items showed up, like the steep stripe vinyasas in Canada, black go lightly bag in Canada, and the refresher racer dress in US.
– Canada did not get the out of this world dress. A million tiny violins are playing for sad Canadians right now.
– Speaking of tiny violins, I’m really sad that the everyday pants are only available in sizes 4-10. This seems silly considering this is a really practical pant that women on the fringe sizes could get a lot of use from. Notably, some of the other out of this world pieces are available in one or both fringe sizes.
– Does anyone care that the everything she wants vest uploaded? Ok, didn’t think so.
– Canada got the berry yum yum and fuel green fleece vinyasas that the US got on the warehouse sale. Canada has to pay $58, but I think these were only $29 on the warehouse sale. Harsh.
– Related, Canada got the departure pant even thought it’s already deeply marked down on the US side.
– Both sides got heathered berry yum inspires.
– More and more brushed items are showing up on both sides: e.g., wunder unders, skinny grooves, etc. It’s that time of year.
– I know all the Americans are absolutely swooning over the drop of the lusche telemark wunder unders. AMIRIGHT???
– I’m lusting after the arrival of the jumbo inky floral inkwell WUC in America. Both sides also got the black/deep coal inky floral WUC.
– Canada got coco pique WUP, none for America. I would be sad except I already have these. <evil laugh> US did get the fuel green coco pique rolldowns, though.
– Several other wunder unders happened. This post is getting long and I’m hungry because upload was late. Give me a break.
On that note, I’m out.